Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Minor set backs

We’ve been experiencing some amazing weather lately! However, it is mid October and it’s beginning to get cooler. Saturday, October 18th was a chilly early morning group run. We met at Washington Lee High School and our practice was to run on the Custis trail for 30 minutes heading towards Rosslyn and turn around and run 30 minutes back to the High School.

I've been experiencing some knee pain on the outside of both my knees (what I believe are my IT Bands), so I've been cutting back on how much and how often I run. Cycling’s been rumored to be an alternative aerobic exercise and has worked out well. The plan for this week is to incorporate some weight training into the schedule and save the running for our long group runs on Saturday. Natalie and her amazing new iPod Touch joined me for circles around the track. We ran about four miles alternating directions around the track each mile to break up the monotony.

Natalie, Tim, Collins and I are working on some fun and exciting ways to reach our fundraising goals. Tentatively, we're planning a Happy Hour at Front Page on November 11th and a Beer Pong Tournament for Dec 13th. Additionally, we will be reaching out to local businesses for their involvement- donations for products, gift certificates etc. to raffle off at our events. If anyone has any ideas, please share :)

No comments: